The best antioxidant defense comes from an assortment of colorful fruits and vegetables. These kebobs have it all, red, yellow, green, and even orange. Easy and fun to make, the family or company can even build their own kebobs! Serve over brown rice and with a spinach salad to round out this healthy meal.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- dash pepper to taste
- 1 pound Boned, lean pork chop, cut into 1" cubes (approximately 38 to 40 pieces)
- 32 (1 inch) cubes watermelon
- 16 - 24 (1 /2 inch) zucchini rounds
- 16 (1 inch) pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 24 (1 inch) yellow and/or orange peppers
- 1 bottle cooking spray
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour into a zip-lock bag and add pork pieces. Seal bag, mix thoroughly, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning bag on occasion.
- Remove pork from bag and reserve marinade. Thread 5 pork pieces, 4 watermelon cubes, 2 to 3 zucchini rounds, 2 pineapple chunks, and 3 peppers on each of 8 skewers, alternating the order.
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- Spray cooking surface and place kebobs on grill. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on grill heat, or until done, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Garnish with sesame seeds and chunks of watermelon.